Saturday, April 26, 2008

I do not feel fullness,
and i do not feel emptiness,
I feel nothingness.
Lord, you said I could drink from living waters
and thirst no more.
But i do thirst... so much...
I am as dry and parched as the driest desert
You told me I would have life
but i feel no life
I feel like a lifeless sullen tree,
wasting away with the time.
I cry out for you, and you do not come
I know I have made so many mistakes,
but I have faithfully served you,
I have devoted my life to you
and obeyed your commands.
You asked me to give you my whole life
and i did.
You asked me to love you with all of my heart, mind, and soul
and I swear, if there is any love in me, it loves you
My greatest desire in this life is to love you and know you and please you
And here i lie on my face in this dust, feeling forsaken.
I beg you to speak to me,
and I hear no answer
You told me you would never leave me nor forsake me,
but I feel so alone,
with nowhere to turn
Is there nothing I can do, to change this?
there is nothing i can do
but wither away like the grass waiting for the rain.
God, I wish I could feel again.
I am so out of touch with reality,
nothing i do seems sincere,
even though I want with all my heart for it to be sincere.
I often wonder if anything could break me from this spell
I wish i could open my eyes again,
and see the world again for the first time.
I wish my heart could beat again,
like it did for the first time.
I wish I could love again,
Like I did for the first time.
I wish I had love,
but i feel none.
What i want more than anything is you, and love
I would give it all to be able to love again.

God, I will never give up on you
My heart will never give up,
But all it seems to be,
is helpless mechanical beats
inside of a cold stone
next to a clock quickly ticking away time
If I could feel right now,
My heart would probably feel like its dying.

but in these self-centered thoughts
you once again remind me...

Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed, thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness
Lord unto me
God has been faithful, he will be again
He's always been faithful to me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, this blogspot thing is pretty cool....it's like xanga....but better! I might just copy your cool self and get one@ Haha. And secondly, I really loved this one, Luke. I think a lot of people will be able to relate to this. My favorite part is....

"But all it seems to be,
is helpless mechanical beats
inside of a cold stone
next to a clock quickly ticking away time"

Really amazing. I love it.

Elise C. Hartman said...

Haha ok. So I started reading this and I was like this is sooooo good! I love this. I can totally relate. And then I go to leave a comment and realize I already left one about 6 months ago. Lol! But that just shows how great this truly is...to touch someone's heart more than once at different times in their life...that is good honest writing right there! :-)